Sunday 21 July 2013

Meet the team

Hi all, only a few days until we fly out now and we thought it would be good if you all knew a little about us all.

Our Team Leader - Rachael O'Sullivan 
Hi I'm Rachael. I'm 24 from Wallasey, Wirral and I work as an occupational therapist. I am have been a Brownie, Guide and Young Leader and now I'm a Brownie and Guide Leader. I am also Division Senior Section advisor and County International advisor. I love spending time with my family and friends and doing Guiding things. I enjoy baking and I play the Piano and Clarinet.

Our Secretary - Lydia Butler

Hi I’m Lydia!
I’m 20, and am a second year Geography student at Durham University, as well as being a supermarket delivery driver at weekends. I’ve done lots of Guiding so far in units from Durham to Devon and Cornwall, mainly with Brownies and Guides. Alongside playing my viola and travelling, Guiding is my main hobby! I’ve had incredible opportunities to meet with guiding members across the world on international events, and have enjoyed the experience so much... so I can’t wait to go on GOLD in July!

Our First Aider - Emma Guthrie 

I'm Emma, 22, from Falkirk, Scotland (Forth Valley County – Girlguiding). I studied at the University of Edinburgh doing Law LLB at undergrad. I am now completing my Diploma in Professional Legal Practice, and start with a Law firm (Shepherd and Wedderburn LLP) in Edinburgh in August (the day after we return from Armenia(!)). I was originally in the Girls Brigade because my Dad was captain of the local Boys Brigade. But as all my friends from school went to Rainbows, I ended up going to the Brownies when they all moved up. I remember my Dad bringing home my first Brownie books! It was all very exciting.

 After that I joined Guides where I completed my Baden-Powell Challenge, and then moved onto Rangers. I knew the other Ranger girls as they were all in my brother’s year in the year above, but I was the only one from my year. I completed my Bronze, Silver and Gold Duke of Edinburgh Awards with my Ranger Unit, so as my volunteering part of this I went back to my Guide unit as a young leader.

As a young leader I completed my young leader qualification (then called making it count), and then went onto my adult leadership. I also achieved my Queen’s Guide Award around this time. When I became an adult leader I set up a senior section unit.

Now, my Guiding roles are still as a Senior Section leader and Assistant Guide leaders; Forth Valley County Senior Section Adviser, a Peer Educator, Senior Section Lones Member and Member of the Girlguiding Council.
In my spare time I love to go to Zumba classes and go out or relax with friends. I also love to travel when I get the chance and have been lucky enough to go to lots of exciting places...next stop; Armenia!!

Our Accountant - Jessica Milton

I'm Jess, 28 and originally from Folkestone in Kent but now live in Lenham, Kent (near Maidstone!) I have a degree in Geography from Canterbury Christ Church University where I also went to do a PGCE in primary education. Have been teaching Year 4 at a school in Ashford for 2 years…hard work but I love it. I was part of Brownies when a child. As I enjoyed it so much decided a few years ago to volunteer with local Brownie unit. Am currently working through Leadership Programme which I’m hoping to get signed off this term!

I play Flute in Hythe Town Band and perform in various venues around South East Kent. I play netball for Crimefighters Alarms in Canterbury and ANC Tigers and Cobras in Ashford and Folkestone respectively. 
I love reading books and my bookcase shelves are sagging in the weight of my books. 
My partner and I also go camping regularly in the summer to military events as he owns a WWII Willys Jeep…which is fab to drive! 

Our Resources Sorter - Emma Treadwell 

Hi! I'm Emma, 19 and from Southampton. I am an apprentice at the moment training in both mechanical and electronic trades and I am in my second of three years of this. 
I have been a Rainbow, Brownie, Guide, Ranger and Young Leader. I Am currently a Rainbow, Guide and occasionally a Brownie leader and I am also a Science and Technology Adviser. In my spare time I do kickboxing, cheerleading and dancing. I Have Steam engines and an old Mini Cooper.

Finally me The Documenter and Blog writer - Laura Hanniford

I'm Laura, 26 and from Gillingham in Kent. I have a degree in Photography from the University College for Creative Arts and I then went on to do a PGCE in Primary Education at Canterbury Christchurch. I now work in a Primary School in Gillingham as a  Foundation Stage 2 Teacher (4 and 5 year olds). I love my job and my class alway make me smile. 
I have been a Rainbow, Brownie, Guide, Ranger and Younger Leader. At 19 I took over from my Tawny Owl to become Brown Owl at the Brownie Pack I went to (I thought I was too young at first!). As Leader I make sure we have the most fun. I hold a pack licence, so every year we go on Pack Holiday and have a sleepover. I have recently become my Divisions PR advisor (I'm still getting to know this role).
In my spare time I love to go to Zumba and aerobic classes and I occasionally go to the gym. I love football, supporting Gillingham FC, where I am a season ticket holder and have been for 13 years. I enjoy going to the cinema and catching up with friends and family. But the things I love to do the most is go to the theatre or to gigs, my last gigs was Mumford and Sons 2 weeks ago and in October I will be seeing Bruno Mars.


That's all for now, I hope you feel you know a bit more about us. The next blog will probably come from Gatwick Airport, exciting times ahead!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment